Our client who is a Lloyds Managing Agency is looking for an Underwriter to join their Construction and Liability team. The purpose of the role is to Underwrite new and renewal business while maintaining relationships.
* Underwriting new business with premiums up to £100,000
* Preparing renewal term
* Managing a network of Brokers and maintaining relationships
* Interpret policy / endorsement wordings and have experience in writing own or modifying existing wordings
* Meeting and where possible, exceeding brokers service levels and expectations.
* Identifies cover and hazards that will impact on the acceptance, pricing, or terms applicable to a risk.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with key trading partners to maximize influence.
* Support the development and operation of sales campaigns to drive the acquisition of profitable business.
Essential Skills Required:
* Previous experience within an Underwriting environment
* Good knowledge of Insurance and Underwriting guides
* Experience/ knowledge of COnstruction and/or Liability Insurance risks
* Proven ability in developing key working relationships and business opportunities
* Understanding of good negotiation and decision-making skills
* Cert CII or studying towards
* Good organisation skills
* Dip CII
* Strong IT skills
What you need to know:
* Permanent role
* Based in London - Hybrid
* Salary between £45,000 - £55,000
* A great opportunity to join a growing organisation with lots of training and development opportunities.
* A very inclusive and fair opportunities employer
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
16 days ago
This position is being advertised by a recruitment agency.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details